Affiliate marketing partner- AVG Technologies

Marketing partner National Pen Promotional Products

Saturday, April 16, 2011

More on blog content and a review of Amazon aStores.


Happy Saturday.

I want to share a very positive opportunity that arose as a result of my blog writing. Late last week I received an email from a fellow named Dan.

Dan runs a website designed to provide help solutions for those who are unemployed, specifically those who are considered 99ers (people who have been unemployed for 99 weeks or more).

The email said he had read a blog posting of mine at Squidoo (remember we discussed Squidoo yesterday) and he invited me to be a guest blogger at his site.

This is important for a number of reasons. First, it shows postings at Squidoo do get read no matter how much of a novice you may be. The article he read was one of the 3rd or 4th articles I ever wrote. Secondly, it provides a backlink (a hyperlink) to my site. I don't completely understand why exactly but this something the search engines look for. And of course it offers exposure to his audience.

Take the time to visit Dan's site he has been doing this for a while and has a lot of good information at the site. http://www.99ers.net/

Now, I want to discuss blog content a little more and then move on to the Amazon aStore review.

Once you have keyword rich content, you need to keep in mind just how inattentive and hurried we have become as consumers. I believe a lot of this is due to Television advertising. We are so used to getting all the information we need in a 30 second time slot, anything longer than that becomes boring. The same is true when people are reading online. Try to create short 3 to 6 line paragraphs or “modules” within your blog.

My modules may be a little longer at times, due to the fact I want to complete the message of the module. But, the short concise modules make reading your blog much simpler. They create a nice reading pace in the blog. It is also easier for someone to get back to where they were in an article, if they had to stop reading and come back.

If you look at this blog you will see the pattern. I am going to stop here and will discuss publishing your blog tomorrow.

Amazon aStores https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/ are available to all Amazon Associate members and can be used with Blogger and other web hosting sites. The is no fee to become a member.

In essence Amazon provides you with an empty online store. It is up to you to stock that store with products marketed by Amazon.You also have the option of letting Amazon do the stocking.

This another really useful tool for beginners. They do a very good job of walking you through building an online store. Every step in the process is clearly explained and are very easy to understand and use.

If you have been to my Blogger site or have looked around my forum site you will see banners for Aipom's Jungle Shop http://astore.amazon.com/johnjohnstore-20 and Poppy's Guitar Zone http://astore.amazon.com/poppys-20 . They are both Amazon aStores that I created.

Aipom's Jungle Shop features only Pokemon related toys and games. Again,I am looking for that “niche” in the market. My son is a huge Pokemon Trading Card game fan and plays in league and tournament events. So a store full of Pokemon products makes sense, he has, even at age 11 a certain expertise when it comes to Pokemon.

Poppy's Guitar Zone http://astore.amazon.com/poppys-20 was created to work hand in hand with my forum site. It offers high quality, low cost musical equipment and accessories. If you notice this is another “niche market”. I have been purchasing musical equipment and accessories from Amazon for the last three or four years. It is very hard to beat their pricing.

If you search online for a product, more than likely Amazon will turn up in that search. The other thing you will find is they not only offer their featured item and price, They also give you other purchasing and price options for the same product. Try it and see. Look for a product and price and then go to Amazon and look for the same product. Amazon's price including shipping is 8 out of 10 times lower than anyone else.

After 30 years in Quality Assurance I have heard enough complaints about substandard product. I don't want to spend any part of my day handling customer complaints. Representing a company with Amazon's reputation for customer service (#1 in a recent poll) was an easy decision.

An Amazon aStore may be all you need to create extra income. Since Amazon offers almost everything under the sun, it is not hard to get people to shop Amazon. The rising cost of fuel is only going to help this type of business. Help your friends and family save time and money, send them to your aStore.

If I can wait for the produt to be shipped to me (usually 4 or5 days), I always check Amazon first. We consistantly use Amazon if we have to ship a product we purchase. Gifts for friends and family that live out of town can be shipped directly to them at no extra cost.

As an Amazon Associate you are paid an advertising fee for products purchased through your website. And they pay you that fee even if the product is not found at your site. Both of my aStores have a link to Amazon's homepage. Customers can search your site and if they do not find what they need they can search the entire Amazon product catalogue. Since they entered through your site, sales are credited to you.

I wanted to verify if this was true. I went to Aipom's Jungle Shop and didn't find some Pokemon decks my son John was looking for. I did find them at Amazon proper. I ordered the cards and in 2 days I was paid a 4% advertising fee. Amazon aStores is not a scam. They pay you for advertising fees earned.

If you do no more than shop for yourself at your site, you will automatically be paid 4% back or up to 6% if sales are more than 6 transactions per month.

I am marketing these two sites using banners and I have printed business cards with the sites name and hand them to everyone that will take one.

While we are on the subject, if you are going to be in business, you should always carry business cards. You can buy business card software and stock and make your own. Or they are many services offered online. Even your local CopyMax or OfficeMax will help you design and print your business cards.

Business cards are a relatively inexpensive way to advertise your business. The nice thing is with todays technology you can buy 100 cards or less and still get a very good price. And try to keep it simple, there is no reason to fill a small card with tons of unneeded information and graphics. 

My cards are medium weight white stock and have only my websites URL, the sites title and my name in the lower right hand corner. I am not going to waste money on something that may, more than likely be thrown away. I used money I earned at M-Turk to pay for the cards.

Like always, join and follow the blog, click the banners and text links to start making money. You can use the EWAHR Forum to post questions or request a review of a site or, you can e-mail me directly at ewahr2011@ yahoo.com
Peace.
Next time: Publishing you blog and a review of Work at Home No Scams.com http//workathomenoscams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment