Affiliate marketing partner- AVG Technologies

Marketing partner National Pen Promotional Products

Monday, May 9, 2011

Transparency


Buzz words, pseudonyms, synonyms, catch phrases and acronyms are all part of a Quality managers vocabulary. Mainly due the ridiculous names they create to go along with the process of the day.

This years most over-used buzz word has to be Transparency. A word frequently used during the banking melt downs has quickly become adopted by almost every newscaster, editor and marketing firm.

Transparency- as used in the humanities and in a social context more generally, implies openness, communication, and accountability. (Wikipedia)

The word is now being used to promote confidence and trust. This is a paraphrase from a radio commercial I heard today. “ Does your current provider show a lack of transparency?” Thus implying that have a completlty transparent way of doing business.

Which brings me to today's topic. A few weeks a go I did a review of Procard International. At that time I explained the four programs they offered and how you get started.

I finally took the time a week ago, to spend some time working the program. I read through all the information, developed a plan of action and set to work to find another individual to get involved with the program. To deferr the sign up fee (around $50) you can sign up another would-be marketer.

Here is were it went sideways. I had the individual login to there system using a link provided by Procard that would ensure I got credit for the referral. Well, she signed up and I was not credited for the referral.I had also posted that same link in my review of Procard.

I gave it a day or two and checked the status again, still no referrals. So, I look around the website and found a customer service email address. I sent an email (May 1) explaining my dilemma. No reply that day or the next day.

The third day I called the 800 number. I got a fairly professional sound answering system. I pushed the appropriate number, got put on hold, and then after a minute or two was dumped into a voice mailbox.

No big deal, been there before. Leave a message, we will call back. In the mean time I received an email with a short note asking for my referrals login. I provided the login.

I received a reply (May 4), it was a very odd form type letter. Three or four paragraphs of sales pitch with a small note at the top telling me I had contacted the wrong department. If I contacted the wrong department why did the ask for my referrals login?

They did not provide me with the correct departments email address.

I left another voicemail. This time explaining I had concerns about not getting any support for the issue I have. I also expressed my concern about getting more people involved. Sternly, but nicely (it has been nearly a week now).

No reply from the voice mail until Friday (May 5). First, I received a call back right in the middle of a phone interview (more on that next post) so I was left a voice mail. The voicemail told me that I had sent the first email to the wrong department and I should rest assured that they offer dependable customer service and support. I was very disappointed I did not get to speak with that person, until I received an e-mail from her. This is the note at the top of the same email template I received from “customer service” (Hmmm.)

Eric,
We did receive your message in our Customer Service Center but they cannot help with the associate questions and they close at Noon CST. We are here to help you 24/7/365 with any questions you may have as with all associate questions. It isn't feasible for us to assist associates via phone with the different time zones and other issues around the world. For this reason, we do all our correspondence with associates via email. Please, email us here if you have other questions or need further assistance.

Here is the problem I have with “the note”;

they close at Noon CST. We are here to help you 24/7/365”
Unless it is after Noon CST.

We are here to help you 24/7/365 with any questions you may have as with all associate questions”.
I sent 4 emails and made 2 telephone calls and they still have not addressed my issue with the referral.

It isn't feasible for us to assist associates via phone with the different time zones and other issues around the world.”
Then, why would you provide an 800 number?

For this reason, we do all our correspondence with associates via email.”
Unless you call into the voicemail more than once, then you get a call back.

Please, email us here if you have other questions or need further assistance.”
I didn't request assistance for “getting assistance”. I needed an issue resolved.

At this point I have very little confidence that Procard International is any more, than a just couple of people working out of their home or office. 
 
The program looks very good on paper. I think the product (healthcare discounts) could be a growing market. A couple of their other programs (Pizza.com and US Junk mail) look intriguing as well. The lack of support is the major downfall for me. 
 
And this may be personal preference on my part, but if I call a Customer Service 800 number I expect to speak to someone (that day or the next) and get my issue resolved. Period. If you cannot provide that I will do business elsewhere.

Do not offer services that you do not or can not provide. Luckily I have no money invested (that may be why I didn't get any support) so walking away from this program I only lost a little time. And it actually became blog fodder, so I guess we are even!

I am not ready to call Procard International a scam. I did not lose any money. They do how ever make it hard to get the program going. 
 
At this point in my internet marketing career I do not want to be involved in a program that doesn't have quality customer service and support. I will have questions I need answered in a timely fashion. If you get involved with Procard, do so at your own risk.

Like always, join and follow the blog, click the banners and text links to start making money. You can use the EWAHR Forum to post questions or request a review of a site or, you can e-mail me directly at ewahr2011@ yahoo.com


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment