Affiliate marketing partner- AVG Technologies

Marketing partner National Pen Promotional Products

Monday, March 28, 2011

Moving forward...


At this point in my internet marketing career I will start to focus in on each affiliate and referral partner. I will explain why I chose them and what I expect from the partnership.

If I had started a traditional business I would have needed a formal business plan. Since, I “kinda backed into” this business I will start to develop a business plan for the balance of this year and all of next year. Like I said before, I really didn’t expect this to turn out as positive as it has.

The business itself is simple enough. 

Short term goal: I will use the internet and multiple websites to create income by developing Affiliate and Referral partnerships.

Cost to maintain websites will be derived from monies generated by sales and referrals from those websites. Along with monies generated from PPC viewing of internet advertising.

Advertising cost for websites will be paid with monies from above as well as “click exchange” credits.

1 year goal. All websites will be self-sustaining. Traffic flow shows moderate to steady increase to all sites. 

2 year goal. All websites show positive cash flow. Expand number of sites by 25-50%

I hope you notice the plan does not include being rich in 90 days. As long as I am not investing any money out of pocket, I am not overly concerned about the time it takes to be profitable. I am, on the other hand investing my time. 

As a Quality Manager in Fabrication I made about $18.00/hr. with no degree. I believe my time is worth a minimum of $15.00/hr. in my field (manufacturing). Outside of my field I would say about $12.00/hr. I am currently spending about 10-15 hours per week, “working” on this project. So, in actuality I am investing $120-180.00 per week.  But, since I am multi-tasking 90% of the time it sure doesn’t feel like work.  Don’t sell yourself short, your time is worth money.

I imagine this is the point where newbies lose interest and get discouraged. If you seriously believed you were going to be rich in the first month, you were betrayed. I have seen it written a thousand times “if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it”. Fact! If it was that easy I would already be rich from the first time I tried Amway. The fact is; I was not willing to put in the time and effort it took to be successful with a company like Amway at that time. 

I get it now! Like any other business this takes time (months or years) to become profitable. If you are not willing to wait that long, get a job flipping burgers, move back to your parents and spend your salary on lottery tickets. Or go back to school.

The first site I got involved with was Amazon Mechanical Turk. You can read about how I found it in previous blogs. If you want to know if you can make money from working on the internet and actually get paid, Mturk is where you need to start.

First of all Amazon deserves all the respect that comes with their name. Although I am sure there are bad reviews as well, I have never had a problem with any transaction concerning Amazon. That was the first reason I signed up. The sign up process is simple enough. Register at https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome.

I am not an expert when it comes to marketing or marketing research. I have no idea how the whole thing runs internally. The “skinny” of it is researchers need a certain amount of human interface for different projects. You become the human interface. You will be asked to perform tasks via the internet and you will be paid for completion of the task.
 
This article http://www.workathomenoscams.com/2008/07/29/work-at-home-with-amazoncom/ was the reason I got involved with Mturk.

There are hundreds of thousands of these little tasks to be performed daily by people just like you and I. Some take a few seconds other may take hours. Payment is set by the requestor of the task. Payment varies as widely as do the tasks or “hits”. 

You can easily make money daily using Mturk. You can work as long or as little as you like. Some “hits” are easier than others. But, on the average I think pay is fair. In as much, as it suits the markets wage. It is a cross between surveys and ad viewing. Since we all have different skill sets, you have to try it for yourself. If you complete the hit as required, you will be paid. Period. The money will be deposited into your account. Period. You will not be disappointed. I highly recommend everyone start here. Amazon Mechanical Turk does not offer a referral program. I still recommend this program. 

With my next blog I will begin to review each of my referral partners and why I use them, The first will be ClickSense . http://www.clixsense.com/?3405527&jun12

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment